www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Tree hunting gone awry...

Traditionally our family goes for the annual tree hunt the Saturday after Thanksgiving and this year was no different, however there was a twist this year - I was scheduled to work all night the night before and the night after (7PM - 7 AM). So when I got home from work, we dressed the girls, waited for another family to arrive, and then headed off to the Santa Cruz mountains for our annual expedition. I was extremely tired and slept on the way there. Oh, and did I mention it was raining? It had mostly cleared up by the time we got there, so we donned hats, jackets, and gloves and headed off to find the perfect tree, at least I did. Stacey and Bill were more set on finding an okay tree that was close to the car. Thus they teased me mercilessly about my critique of the trees, this one has a bald spot, that one has a funny branch, that one is flat on the bottom, the one over there is too yellow, etc. As it turns out, in the pursuit of my perfect tree I turned a corner heading up hill, caught a hole with my foot and turned my ankle over. Fearing that it was broken again we thought we should head to the Stanford ER to have it checked out, but not before getting a tree. As it turned out we got the "flat bottomed tree". Bill tied it to the roof of the car while I nursed the babies (so we could leave them at home with Stacey rather than take them to the hospital where they could catch something.)

Interestingly enough, some of the staff remembered me from when I was in there 8 months pregnant with a broken ankle. After some giggling, and admonishments that I was instructed not to come back, we had xrays and an exam. Turns out I only badly sprained it this time, so they splinted it and sent me home with instructions to stay off it for 5 days, and then do some serious rehab to strengthen it. Yah, yah, yah.

This means that I didn't have to go to work last night, nor do I have to go tonight, however I still can't go skating with Andrea and Liz. Bah humbug!! It's so unfair.

Well, that's my weekend so far - how's yours?

1 Comments:

At 30 November, 2004 11:05, Blogger andrea said...

needless to say, we were both laughing our asses off upon reading about your adventure.

heh, that's insta-karma for chopping down a tree. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home