www.flickr.com

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving and other "interesting" news.

Well Thanksgiving went off pretty well, no food poisoning. The brined turkey was pretty good, and definitely had the best white meat I've ever had - it was actually juicy. I'll have to declare it a successful experiment. My hats off to Bill.

As for other Thanksgiving experiments - not so successful. The girls had their first "meat" on Thanksgiving, one of those "turkey" dinner things in a jar. They seemed to like that. So their T-day dinner consisted of turkey, sweet potatoes, and green beans. I also tried to feed them some homemade carrots - they were utterly rejected. I don't have a good food processor, so the thought might be that they were too fibrous for the girls. The second failed experiment, and don't laugh at this, was pumpkin "pie". I thought the girls should have the full Thanksgiving experience so I made them a pumpkin "pie" of their own. The crust was their rice cereal made with breast milk and then I put straight pumpkin into it, and baked it in a mini pie tin with the rest of the pies. Apparently pumpkin is too strong of a taste on it's own - the kids spit it up. Sigh. They just don't appreciate my creative endeavors at this point in their lives.

I hope all of your Thanksgivings went well, and that you had good food, good friends and/or family, and that you had a moment to reflect on all that is good in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home