www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Girls are growing fast, and other silliness

Ok, so I've become the negligent blogger since the twins have arrived. I tell myself I'm going to be better, get more regular, but then I think to myself that that just sounds like a Metamucil commercial, and it's not realistic. Ah, the need for more hours in the day.

Speaking of which, the few hours that I generally have to myself in the day were snatched away by my girls who sadly would not sleep. Part of the reason I am still up now. Trying to wind down now. Anyway, Sam and Riley were not their usual happy go lucky selves this evening. They were fussy, overtired, and not sleeping. I finally had to call in the troops - Liz and Andrea. Hoping to catch them on the way home from hockey I took a chance and IM'd. However Andrea was home, and Liz was almost there. They volunteered to come anyway, and were here in lightening time. It was such a lifesaver too, cuz S and R were having none of the sleep cure. Of course they were initially looking cute and happy when the calvary arrived, but their true colors came out in no time. Sam in particular, was having nothing to do with me, but quieted down and went right to sleep for Liz. Riley was down, but bounce back up in about 45 min, soothed back to sleep and is hopefully down for the night.

Other than that, the rest of the day was great. We went and had six month photos done - actually got one of Sam's teeth, well Sam smiling, so her teeth show, not just her teeth.

Thinking about quitting work, or at least going to a per diem status (means I would only be required to work 1 day a week, but no bennies, and slow loss of seniority status.) All worth it for the girls though.

Hubby has interviewed for 2 jobs in SF, so keep your fingers, toes, and anything else crossed that one of them pays off. This would end his exiles to Sac every week (and mine too for that matter.)

I actually did some catch up reading on the blogs today. My buddy Liz made me cry. I emailed her to tell her she's not supposed to do that. ;) I wish I had a magic wand to smack all the stupid people upside the head with.

Ok, I'm getting carried away, it's 2 in the morning, so I better get to bed. Me and my flannel jammies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home