www.flickr.com

Monday, September 27, 2004

There was a weekend?

Ok, my last weekend forever and I have no idea where it went. I had so much to do, yet got nothing done. Actually got to nap Saturday morning (after not sleeping all night Friday night due to the girls taking "shifts" being awake.) Went to soccer game Saturday evening - the Earthquakes play was flat, and the game ended in a 0-0 tie. It was as if they were playing for the 1 point tie instead of going for the win. Several bad calls as well. There was clearly a red card offense in the first half that only garnered a yellow card from the ref. Ridiculous, but this ref plays this way every time he comes to San Jose.

Anyway, after the game we went to my bro's house for a small gathering we call Haircut Night. A hairdresser comes to the house and does everyones hair - it's turned into a party every five weeks where we BBQ, potluck, etc. and get our hair cut. (The hair dresser is not allowed alcohol for obvious reasons.) In any case, every one ooohhhed and aaahhheed over the girls, we had some dessert, did the haircut thing, then headed home. The girls were very wound up so it took a bit to get them in bed.

Sunday we had brunch at our friends, Paul and Yuka's house. It was soooooo yummy. However, the girls missed their morning nap and had a short afternoon nap. Messing with their nap schedule I have learned is a bad thing. In any case, we were to have a BBQ in Sutter's honor Sunday evening, but most of the people bailed, and we were late going to another friends birthday BBQ which we had to attend before coming back for our own, so we ended up cancelling altogether. I'm okay with that though cuz Bill and I toasted Sutter, and talked a lot about him the night we said goodbye to him. I keep seeing shadows of him in the house, but I'm sure this will pass.

So though not much happened, the weekend faded to nothing, and here I am with 3 days till I start work and I haven't had a chance to organize my closet, my office, etc. Ahhhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home