www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What's wrong with this picture?

At work this weekend I found out about a class I would really like to take, so I emailed my manager as well as left a note in her inbox. She called me back to say I could take the class, but it would have to be in addition to my regular hours since the schedule was already posted and they couldn't take me off,and because the request for the class was due August 1st.

Sounds reasonable, doesn't it? But here's the kicker:
1. The notice offering the class wasn't even posted until sometime last week (week of Aug. 14th.
2. The flyer said people from my department had priority for this class.
3. The flyer also said that we would be taken off the schedule for the class.

So, the only good part is that I will get lots of overtime to attend this class and my department will have to pay it. Fools!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home