www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Just when you think you have the upper hand

Apparently my girls are too smart for my good. We have a wine cabinet with a door behind which we store our table linens, candles, and candlesticks. Since these are items we don't want the girls getting into, I wired the door shut. Before I know it, Riley is standing there with the knob in her hand which I believe she and Samantha worked together to get off the door. They are also holding some brass candlesticks and some taper candles.

So, I take the knob, replace it very snugly, and go about my business thinking I have out maneuvered them for the time being. "For the time being" were apparently the operative words here. Since they couldn't get the knob off, they took the next 20 seconds and just dismantled the wire tie I had that was holding the door closed.

So much for security. Back to the drawing board for me.

P.S. If you don't here from me in the next 24 hours, it's because they've taken the cabinet ties and have restrained me while they are running amuck in the house, that is if they haven't found the car keys by then. Please come rescue me.

2 Comments:

At 09 August, 2005 15:21, Blogger andrea said...

lmao! that's like the damn container i got to keep the dog food safe. someone figured out that s/he could open it by clawing and chewing the crap out of the top and spinning it open. we came home to find it open and some fat bassets...this after the great granola incident.

 
At 09 August, 2005 23:31, Blogger snarfdog said...

I keep telling people that babies and dogs are one and the same when it comes to training, safety, etc. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home