www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Growing up too fast?

Every parent knows those moments when they think to themselves, "Wow, look what my baby/child/kid/teenager can do now" which is quite often followed up with, "No, I'm not ready for that, slow down, you're growing up to fast."

I had one of those moments yesterday. We were leaving the bathroom and I said, "Let Mommy get the light." as I always do. Riley then said, "no, my turn." at which point she turned around, reached up (on her tippy tippy toes), and turned off the light.

I was stunned and amazed. Just last week she was having to push chairs over to get light switches, and this week she can do it by herself. Another happy/sad milestone crossed.

And as if that wasn't enough, Sam had to show me that she could do it too. It now explains why lights had been mysteriously going on and off in my house.

1 Comments:

At 13 September, 2006 13:57, Blogger heather said...

i understand, but that's hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home