www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 02, 2006

And the hits just keep coming...

Today I went to have my EMG done and for the most part it wasn't too bad, until he broke out the cattle prod. It's kind of like that electrical feeling you get when you hit your funny bone, but multiply it by 10 at least. After the cattle prod he brought out a needle to stick directly in my muscle, move around, shock, move some more all the while telling me to relax. Ha!

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I have nerve damage. This meant the EMG took much longer than planned, the doc was late getting out on a Friday, and I didn't get all the stuff done for work that I was suppose to before leaving. As for the nerve damage, it's to my brachioplexis which is basically nerve central for innervation between your spine and upper shoulder, deltoid, arm, etc. The very, very, very, very, very, very, very sad part of all this? He says I can't play hockey until it heals as I could find myself with permanent nerve damage if I were to get hit in the same area again. Right now it's slowly healing. I had just registered for the winter season in NCWHL again too. I guess I'll just have to go root for my buddies. Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

3 Comments:

At 02 September, 2006 10:12, Blogger heather said...

dude! that sucks so much. but that it's healing already is great! i'm sure you'll get to play next season.

 
At 04 September, 2006 18:52, Blogger -april said...

Oh my! I hope you heal soon! Does he know when you'll be back on the ice?

 
At 05 September, 2006 12:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news but rest, no permanent nerve damage ok?

Also on the really boring paperwork side of the house, drop a note to Elise to pull you from NCWHL registration. And if you paid she can tell you all of the fun options for money.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home