www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The way kids learn

Today my hubby sent me a link to a CNN article about the ways kids learn and how to use that to our advantage. It talked about the Visual Learner, the Auditory Learner, and the Kinesthetic Learner, and how there can be parts of all of them in us at different times as well as at the same time. I'm pretty sure I have an Auditory Learner and a Visual Learner, and today the visual learning became very clear.

As many of you know (and some of you don't want to know) I nursed my girls for an extended period of time. I never saw any 'odd' effects from this, so didn't think twice about it. Ok, I did think twice, and three times, and even four, but that's another story. Recently a friend of ours gave birth and is nursing (yep, you all know and love her.) Sam, after much observation, sat down and tried to nurse her baby doll about a month ago. It was quite hilarious as she sat up in the rocking chair, pulled her shirt up, and held the baby to her tummy (so she doesn't get the logistics yet.) Apparently she found that to have unsatisfactory results, and came up with a new plan. Todays plan involved me nursing Ernie (as in Ernie and Bert). She was quite dismayed when I would not play along with her game.

2 Comments:

At 23 August, 2006 22:47, Blogger heather said...

*snort*

i am totally (well, mostly) a visual learner. audi-what?

 
At 24 August, 2006 10:14, Blogger wen said...

nice. lol.

there are tests you can do to figure out what kind of learner you are--some folks are a bit of each. (i learned all about this when i did my education major & from my mom, a 6th grade teacher).

i try to present things in all three ways to people--that way that way, most folks get it. :)

it's so cool you are figuring out their learning styles early on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home