www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

RBR Day II update

Tried yet another cane sugar root beer this afternoon, Dr. Brown's Original Root Beer. I was sadly disappointed as I tend to like Dr. Brown's beverages. Again, sweet water though this one had more of a true root beer taste than it's 3 predecessors. I had saved it for the last of the cane sugar tastings because I had the most hope for it. Now we're officially off to the corn syrup tastings although I have heard there may be some late entries into the contest. So, if you're keeping track, the ranking thus far (from best to worst) is: Dr. Brown's, Sea Dog, Briar, and the shouldn't even be ranked Dad's.

2 Comments:

At 01 February, 2006 19:56, Blogger Rich said...

It seems obvious to me that saving the best for last. A&W is what you remember from your childhood. A&W with a blob of vanilla floating in it. Nothing else will ever better than that. I sure wish that you would have made this a blind taste test with the henry weinhards RB and the vanilla IC. Whats bills opinion of the samples?

 
At 01 February, 2006 20:24, Blogger snarfdog said...

Bill has been tasting them with me. He pretty much concurs with the tasting. And what? You don't trust me? You think Bill has superior taste to mine? Hurruummmpphhh. ;)

We may have to take the best, the worst, and a couple random ones from the middle once we're through and actually do a blind taste test. An interesting side note is that so far they are all caffeine free. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference with the caffeinated ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home