www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What is wrong with people??

Ok, I know that question could cover a lot of things, but for this post we'll limit it to selling cars. As some of you may or may not know, our friends Rich and Angelica moved back to Germany. They valiantly tried to sell Angelicas car before they left, but alas they were unable to. They left the car at our house and recently placed an ad in the SJ Mercury to sell it. This was all fine with us (and still is), but man, the wierdos that come out of the woodwork. Most of the people seem perfectly normal, but a few really take the cake.

Weird caller #1: I'm not sure if I'm interested in the car, and I have no way to get over the hill, can you drive it over for me to see?

Weird caller #2: (After 5 minutes of describing the car to him, including the model, etc.) Is it a deisel? No? Oh, then I'm not interested.

Weird caller #3: (Must be related to weird caller #1. I'm in the Sacramento area, actually I'm in Utah right now, but I'll be back in Sacramento later this week. Can you drive the car up for me to see? I'll give you $4000 for it if I like it (the car is listed for $5000.) Will you take $4000 for it?
Me: No, we already have two other offers for more than that.
WC #3: Can you drive it Sacramento and I'll pay you the $4000 if I like it?
Me: No, I'm not driving it to Sacramento and we're not taking $4000 for it.
WC#3: (Very persistent person) How about driving it halfway, and then I'll take it off your hands (and how was I supposed to get back home?)
Me: No, I'm not driving it anywhere. Anyone who is interested will have to come here to see it.
WC#3: I'll call you back tomorrow to see if you've changed your mind.

Where do people like this come from?? It's really quite amusing. The good news is we seem to have 2 good candidates for the car, so hopefully we'll be able to send Rich and Angelica a check this week.

1 Comments:

At 01 November, 2005 17:43, Blogger Jennie said...

That is too funny. When I was selling my Corolla, some guy called me up and offered $1000 less than I was asking, "Cash." As if I was about to take someone's personal check for my car. ???

(Then, when I did sell it, the guy and I were counting out the money on a table and I said, "I feel like I'm counting out drug money." Loved that car. 38 MPG.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home