www.flickr.com

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Pumpkin Hunting

Today, after working all night long, we took a trip to the pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay. It's been years since I had gone, but we decided to take the girls to get some photo ops. The girls had fun walking around the pumpkins, riding the wooden horses as well as the ponies, and riding in the wheelbarrow. Stacey came with us which was very nice. Riley had fun riding around on her shoulders. It was nice to spend time as a family. Stacey and Bill had pumpkin pie which Riley stretched as far as she possibly could to get a bite. It was really rather cute. Samantha wasn't quite as interested.

However, I don't think I will be returning there in the near future unless we can schedule a weekday to do it. There were far too many people there. You couldn't turn around without stepping on someone, lines were long, and it was just a little too commercial for me. When it came time to leave, it took 10 minutes just to get out of the parking lot, but we were thankful we had gone out first thing in the morning. As we were coming back, we passed miles of cars waiting to get there - it was backed up almost to 280. What a mess.

On the way home we decided to go out to eat, and headed for Celia's, a little mexican place in Palo Alto. It's small, and again parking can be a pain, but the food is always good, and if you go on the right night they have mariachi music. I know, that doesn't interest most of you, but it does add a certain ambiance to the place.

Finally we made it home about 2:00 (I haven't slept in 22 hours at this point), and put the girls down for a nap. I promptly headed that way myself where I proceeded to sleep until almost 7:00 (right through hockey practice - arrrrgggghhh). Oh well, the sleep felt good. In fact, I think I'll go try to get some more now.

All in all it was a good day.

4 Comments:

At 24 October, 2005 04:59, Blogger Rich said...

Oh my god!!!! We just love the pics susan! I wish that we could be there for holloween this year because we had such fun last year.Have you decided on costumes for the girls and yourselfes yet?

 
At 24 October, 2005 09:04, Blogger snarfdog said...

Yep, the girls are going to be a bee (Sammi) and a ladybug (Riley). Bill still won't dress up.

 
At 24 October, 2005 15:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Bill would make a very pretty butterfly. ;P It's all right for his girlish figure.

 
At 24 October, 2005 15:38, Blogger Jennie said...

Aw, that's why we missed you. See you next Sunday, I hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home