Monday, October 24, 2005

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (not necessarily in that order)

Today we had an interesting sequence of events occur. Simultaneously Liz and Rich began IMing me. During these conversations I discovered Rich has a new blog (see link at right for American in Germany) and that Andrea was about to arrive from Australia and that she was taking a shuttle to work. Needless to say, both were interesting and had to be prioritized. Since Andrea's plane was imminent I dressed the girls and it was off to the airport where the girls got to see some airplanes. For some reason they were much more fascinated by them on the way in then on the way out. Apparently they were under the Andrea's spell.

However, before we even left the house, the phone rang - it was the girls doctors office with info about Samantha's neurologist. As the story goes so far, they won't see us until Samantha has her blood drawn, starts on a rather scarey medication, has a follow up blood draw before her DECEMBER appointment. Do they not get that she's 17 months old, and has had 3 seizures? So, back to the story so far.

Once we have procured Andrea, we pack her luggage into the car (the automobile part of the story) and spirit her home where we unceremoniously kick her out, leaving her luggage on the front stoop. After leaving there, it was off to feed the girls (more riding in the automobile).

After lunch we headed to the hospital to have the aforementioned blood drawn (once more in the automobile). First we had to stop at the doctors office, pack the girls in the stroller, head up to the office on the 3rd floor, obtain the requisite lab slip, back down to the (you guessed it) automobile, back in carseats, on to the hospital, out of the automobile, into the stroller, through the pediatric offices, across the street to the hospital, into the lab (where they did an excellent job of drawing the blood - Samantha didn't even cry), back to the stroller, out of the hospital, across the street, through the medical offices, and yep, back into the automobile again. Then we headed home for some well deserved naps that never really occurred because they had slept in the (uh huh) automobile.

Later that evening we walked to the train station to pick up Bill as her arrived from work, walked home, hopped in the automobile once again, and went to dinner. After dinner, it was into the car for the last time today and home where the girls got to top off their dinner and go to sleep to dream of planes and trains, and probably try to forget about the automobile part.

And that was our day in a nutshell (ok, so it was a big nutshell.)

And we read Rich's blog when we got home - way to go dude.


At 25 October, 2005 08:16, Anonymous imhelendt said...

My vote: Can we say SECOND OPINION? The Packard neuros suck!

At 25 October, 2005 09:29, Blogger snarfdog said...

I don't think Packard sucks - each institution has it's own way of doing things, and sadly this is Packards. It's what happens when you have such a large population you serve. Bean counters at their best.

At 25 October, 2005 12:54, Blogger Andrea said...

thank you, thank you again for picking me up...just what i needed after a 12 hour flight and my family. =)

At 25 October, 2005 13:44, Blogger snarfdog said...

No problem - it was fun.


Post a Comment

<< Home