www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Tooting my own horn

I have to say I accomplished quite an amazing feat today. After you read this some of you will understand just what was accomplished while others will still be scratching their heads and saying, "So?"

Anyway, the girls have not been feeling well for a few days and today was their fussiest day yet. All morning they have been climbing up in my lap for cuddles then getting down to play for a few minutes. Well about noon both girls climbed up in my lap and after rocking for less than 5 minutes they were both asleep. One would think this was a good thing, but when you are home alone and trapped in a reclining rocking chair with 2 babies on you it becomes quite a dilemma. So, after managing to get out of the chair without tipping it over or dropping a baby I had to get out of the nursery (Riley had shut the door before climbing up in my lap.) I managed to bend, twist, and pull to get the door open, and then I had to navigate a baby gate which I could not open while holding two kids so I climbed over it (pulled groin muscle and all), made it to the bedroom, opened that door and then had to figure out how to get both girls into the crib (the sides come up to my chest) without dropping them or waking them. I stood on my tippy toes, wiggled from side to side to get the girls on the appropriate side of the rail, leaned way over and rolled them in. Not a sound from Sammi and Riley started to fuss, but two or three pats on her butt and she was right back out. I tip-toed out of the room, and so far they are still asleep. Here's hoping they are able to nap well.

6 Comments:

At 12 October, 2005 13:33, Blogger Jennie said...

I can say from experience that this accomplishment is nothing short of amazing. Medal-earning potential. I've never even come close with my singleton.

Brava!

 
At 12 October, 2005 13:33, Blogger Jennie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12 October, 2005 16:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very impressive. I'm impressed you made it over the gate without a face plant. Although that would have made for a much funnier blog. :D

 
At 12 October, 2005 17:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im impressed you didn't concuss or further damage yourself. :-)

 
At 14 October, 2005 00:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so that is what i walked into on Thursday. well... i know how it ended up and hope you got some sleep out of it because know you needed it.........get well

 
At 17 October, 2005 18:42, Blogger andrea said...

good one on ya, mate!

er, what i meant to say was, "kick ass!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home