www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ants Everywhere!!

Ok, we've been doing battle with the ants for weeks now. Bill has sprayed around the house, under the house, we've wiped up ant trails galore with soap, 409, and windex, and yet they still keep coming. This morning was apparently their biggest onslaught yet. They marshalled their forces to surround us - the living room (aka: the girls playroom) had ant trails around all four sides this morning, a heavy black one about 10 ants wide that traversed under the sofa, and numerous other small ones. The room was semi-dark this morning when I got up with the girls so I didn't notice them at first. I was sitting at my computer when Sam came up to me, I leaned over to kiss her and noticed she had about 30 ants crawling on her. After getting them all off her and passing her off to Stacey, I checked Riley who also had about 30 ants crawling on her. Cleaned her off, passed her to Stacey and spent the next 1 1/2 to 2 hours cleaning up ants. Why do I tell you this long story? Because now they are attacking my babies, and that's personal, so any hints, tips, tricks, or good exterminators that you know of would be greatly appreciated. I desperately need to end this infusion. HELP PLEASE!!

2 Comments:

At 20 July, 2005 15:35, Blogger Viv said...

KarenB wrote a long comment on my blog about pest control services she's tried. She seems to be fairly happy with Orkin.

 
At 20 July, 2005 16:31, Blogger andrea said...

holy crap! boric acid around the perimeter but you have babies, so that's not gonna help. i heard baby powder has the same effect, as well as diatomaceous earth. the particles of all three are small and jagged so the ants get ripped apart when they walk through a trail of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home