www.flickr.com

Monday, July 11, 2005

Compact Parking

Ok, pet peeve number 3296. I know it's an old one and there are people who fall on both sides of the issue, but seriously people, if there are many, many open spots marked for you, use them. The reason I'm ranting about this now? Let me tell you about work. We have a limited number of spots where larger cars can park. The lot is 75% compact, and they are compact. There are issues every week with someones car (either their own or someone elses) getting scratched, dinged, etc. because of the compactness of the spots AND because 2/3's of those spots are bound on on side or the other by a cement pole. Anyway, it irritates the heck out of me when they occupy the few spots left for larger vehicles (don't tell me to get a smaller, more gas efficient car - I like my hog.) The topper was this weekend. In addition to the compact spots there are also several motorcycle only spots. While trying to park last night, I was a little more than irritated to find a motorcycle in a large car spot when ALL the motorcycle only spots were available. Now I've ridden a bike, and I would like to say that I would never do that. I wanted to leave a nasty note on the bike, but hey, I'm just not that kind of person.

Ok, rant over. Sorry for the brief interuption of this blog.

2 Comments:

At 13 July, 2005 17:14, Blogger Liz said...

Get a smaller, more gas efficient car.

 
At 13 July, 2005 22:10, Blogger snarfdog said...

Har, har, har, you of the speedy little Betty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home