www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 09, 2005

What a slacker!

Yes, that would be me as I'm reminded by everyone who has checked my blog for the last few weeks with no updates. This is due mostly to my lack of computer access, but lets see if I can catch up anyway.

Over the last few weeks we've had good news and not so good news. My sister has been diagnosed with DCIS (breast cancer) with multifocal points of invasive cancer. The long and short is that she is going to have a mastectomy and we are currently working our way through the Kaiser medical system to get everything lined up for this to happen the last week of this month.

As if that weren't enough, my MIL had a mammogram which has shown some changes the doctor is not happy with. She just had a biopsy yesterday (Friday). Keep your fingers crossed that it's all good.

Now on to happier news. The twins are doing great. Their personalities become stronger and more pronouced with each day that passes. They laugh, grin, and have a definite "look" when they are up to no good. They are do entertaining, I don't know what I did to amuse myself before they came along. Oh yeah, I played hockey. ;)

Riley has started standing on her own, and now has one more position in which she can clap her hands and smile in response to "Yeah Riley." It really is quite cute to observe.

Sammi has taken her first step (one day after her 11 month birthday.) I had someone here comment that she was a late walker - am I missing the boat on this one? I was thinking this was still slightly early. From everything I've read in the past 12 - 14 months is "normal". Oh well. I am thrilled with it either way. I don't have to have the "perfect" child cuz she's perfect to me regardless. (How's that for a biased mommy opinion.)

Both of them have mastered the sippy cup though they really prefer to just crawl around with it in thier mouths. I don't see the fascination, but then again, I'm not 11 months old. Their favorite treat is currently Cheerios. They light up and come "running" when they see that sunny yellow box. Of course it doesn't stay in whatever container we put it in cuz everyone knows Cheerios taste much better off the floor.

Soon they will be 1 and toddling around and I will have to say goodbye to my babies and hello to toddlerhood. While I eagerly embrace their growth and development, I also mourn the loss of their infancy. I still miss my co-sleeper and the nightly snuggle dance they would do.

Ok, enough of the blogging diarrhea for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home