www.flickr.com

Thursday, March 10, 2005

3 for 1 baby stories

Well the week of gross baby stories as well as amusing baby stories continues.

Let's start with yesterday. I was working at the dining room table while the babies were crawling around and playing with their toys. I could see Riley to my left, and Samantha was sitting behind me. Suddenly I hear what sounds like clapping coming from behind me I get all excited thinking Samantha has finally decided to try clapping. I eagerly turn around, and what do I find? She has spit up on the floor and is patting it and smearing it around. sigh, so much for the clapping.

Today the fun continued. Again working at the dining room table (on the phone with Bill trying to fix the laptop), I turn around just to check on the girls. You guessed it, mayhem was afoot. One of them, my guess is Samantha, managed to get a half full container of baby food (Banana Orange) off of the table and open it. Since there was an upholstered dining chair convenient, they decided to dump the contents on the chair, though quite a bit looks to have ended up on Samantha's head and both of their fronts. Again, they were having a tactile heyday smearing and patting it. They were very upset when I removed the chair to the other side of the barrier and then cleaned them up.

The story doesn't end there however. I took the cushion off the chair (found out it was only being held on by two screws instead of the requisite four) and took it to the shower to hose it off. (I'm not really concerned about the chair as I dislike them anyway, and have been intending to recover them.) Once I finished hosing down the cushion, I came back to check on the girls. Samantha is crawling across the floor with a cracker in her hand and another in her mouth. I think to myself, "Wow, I thought they finished off their crackers yesterday, I guess she must have found a couple of leftovers." Then I round the corner to see, you guessed it, the box of crackers on the floor and Riley right in the middle of them. (I could swear the box was out of their reach.) In any case, Riley had both hands crammed full of crackers, but hey, there's still a whole pile there. Can't let them go to waste, and don't want to let Mommy clean them up, so what's a girl to do? Apparently the answer is to bend over the pile and start picking them up with your mouth. Yes, my girls are resourceful, and no, I don't starve them. I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home