www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Three days since I posted, not bad.

I'll start with today and work my way back. Today was mostly uneventful, disjointed nap times, but naps all the same. Sam napped on mommy for about an hour and a half. Everyone up, most everyone nursed, change of clothes because it's getting too hot. We're nearly doing the white trailer trash look, diapers and tank tops. To be truly WTT, we'd have to lose the tank tops. Why am I telling you all this? Because without pants on, Riley discovered the tab to her diaper. Yep folks, we lost the diaper momentarily (mommy was right there to get it back on and distract.) The good thing is that it was still clean and dry as I had just changed her minutes before that.

Monday:
Invoked the "It's my birthday, I don't have to do dishes or laundry" clause. I had started the day thinking I would, but quickly decided that was just plain silly. Had dinner with my family, received some nice gifts, and had the waiter comment on how calm I was for being 40. (According to him, he was a 41 year old with a twin sister, and he didn't handle it well at all.)

I was very tired as my sleep schedule has been wacked out trying to work nights 2 to 3 times a week. In any case, came home from dinner, got the girls to bed and went to sleep myself, or at least tried to. Despite the fact that I was oh so tired, I couldn't sleep. Broke the drought (Liz understands) and finally went to sleep only to be woken by a howling Riley at 4, yes 4 in the morning. They are oh so cute, but oh so exhausting. I think I'll keep them anyway. ;)

Sunday:
Got home from work at 7:15 A.M., nursed babies, went to sleep. Got up at 4:00, nursed babies again (plus a couple of other times during my sleep). Cleaned up the family room a little, Rich volunteered to clean up the toy box (Yeah Rich!), so now the myriad of toys in the living room have a home. Had dinner with an absolutely fabulous chocolate raspberry torte (I think that's what it's called) from Angelica. I would rate it as one of the best desserts I've ever had, if not the best. She left an extra big piece for me to have on my birthday, which I did. Yum, yum.

Friday/Saturday:
Nurse, sleep, nurse, sleep, nurse, sleep, nurse, shower, feed babies, bathe babies, go to work, lather, rinse, repeat.

So, that was my weekend and my week to date folks. The lifestyle of the utterly boring, but exceedingly happy. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home