www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

My babies are growing up.

Not that we are shocked by this, and not that we need evidence, but here it is anyway.

Samantha has gotten tall enough that she can now reach the edge of the table. Things that came within her reach today; her water bottle (that was okay), a 1/2 full jar of baby food without the lid on (not so okay, all over her, the floor, and eventually me), and all the bibs, napkins, etc. close to the edge of the table.

Riley is standing up and pushing a dining room chair around the room. Not by having it slide away from her, and then having her "catch up" to it either. She is honestly pushing it around as she walks. She looks so proud of herself.

Lastly, they are both learning to communicate in their own way. Sammi comes over and yells at you when she needs something, becoming more and more emphatic if you don't figure out what it is right away.

With Riley we have had two major successes today - let's hope she repeats them. I have been trying to teach them sign language and just started with some very basic things such as "milk". Today Riley actually signed "milk" to me when she wanted to nurse. Yeah Riley!! It gets better though. When she was done, she actually said, "All done." I swear she did. I tried to get her to say it again, but sadly I could not.

Well, I'm off to bathe the girls - let's hope we don't have another floater incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home