www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Boycott enforced

So, my little imps have decided to boycott. Sammi, who started walking last week refuses to take even one step this week. She looks at my impishly, drops to her knees, and crawls to me. You can tell by the look on her face she knows exactly what I want and she is refusing to do it. Riley has decided to join in on the boycott, by refusing to stand up. She bends like a noodle until she is sitting down when you release your hold on her, or if you are still holding her she bounces better than Tigger.

I believe both of them are getting more teeth as Sammi is not eating as well as usual (and that's not saying a lot) and Riley has taken to sucking on her hand and thumb (the last time she reverted to this habit is when she got teeth). Both have ridges that look like teeth trying to break through, so we'll keep you posted.

Other impish news: Riley observed that when Sammi fell and cried that she got attention, so Riley smacked the tray table that had fallen with/on Sammi, then crawled over to me crying. It was really quite cute, but is not behaviour that should be encouraged, so I'm sure she was quite confused when Mommy wouldn't pick her up. Sammi has taken to looking right at me while pulling her sisters hair as if to say, "If I distract Mommy with my cute look, she won't notice that sister is screaming cuz I'm pulling her hair." Needless to say, the tactic doesn't work.

As usual, the girls keep me amused and entertained all week long, and I hate coming to work on the weekends and missing out on the great times with them. To make it even more difficult they have taken to crying when I leave. That sucks!! Many people have told me it must feel good to be loved, but ironically it doesn't cuz it means that my girls are hurting. I just want to scoop them up and take them with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home