www.flickr.com

Monday, April 16, 2007

Reader poll

Don't let me down my faithful few.

Tomorrow I have my first hockey game of the new season, and the first game since I went out with my shoulder injury. Rehab has been coming along, but today my Physical Therapist tried to work my shoulder so hard that I wouldn't be able to play tomorrow. Bill doesn't think it's a good idea either because he believes I am too competitive and won't self limit.

So, I'm taking a poll. What do you, my faithful (and easily bribable?) readers, think I should do? Should I play or sit it out a little longer?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 16 April, 2007 23:39, Blogger andrea said...

i think you should play, only because i believe you *will* self limit because you know the pain of injury and surgery and probably don't want to do that again. and if you don't, i'll be ready to pinch the shit out of you for not taking it easy.

that said, he makes me food, if he really, really feels strongly about it, i'll side with him. ;o)

i'm not stupid, he knows how i like my brussel sprouts. =D

 
At 17 April, 2007 00:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats the rush? Im with bill..... Sit it out and return when you are at 100%. Love ya Susan and think it is best for you. Pssssst.... Its me Rich
On the other hand, ???? Nope there is no other hand. Dont play.

 
At 17 April, 2007 05:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sit out one game today so you don't have to sit out three more when you aggravate the injury.

 
At 17 April, 2007 14:52, Blogger Jennie said...

How about playing 1 period? Set that limit and stick to it. Would that work?

(And stretch, stretch, stretch, of course)

 
At 18 April, 2007 13:32, Blogger McJedi said...

Heh, captains probably wouldn't be fond of the "just one period" thing. April used to drive me nuts when she'd only play half a game when her lungs weren't 100%; I'd tell her to go away, take care of herself, and come back when she's sure she can play a whole one!

Hockey players usually stink when it come to grounding themselves long enough to get truly healed...myself included. Play if you need to, but be wary of the vicious "always not worse, but not better" cycle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home