www.flickr.com

Friday, October 13, 2006

Boom, ass, and quilts

Today started off with a loud boom as someone wrecked their car right outside our house this morning. We were jolted out of bed by what I was sure was someone actually crashing into our house. As it turns out, it was a woman who took out a traffic signal, street light, and a street sign before crashing into a tree. Bill called 911 and the helpful emergency folks were there within a minute - pretty impressive. In the meantime, an animal control officer showed up, and started directing traffic. It all ended well though, as the woman's airbag apparently deployed and she appeared to walk away without a scratch.

After being jolted awake, my SIL called because we were supposed to go to the Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF)today. I was going to beg off cuz I've been sick, the girls are sick, Bill is sick, but I just couldn't resist the draw of the annual show, so off I went. Boy am I glad I went too, cuz otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get this special pic for Liz.

Afterwards I headed home where I remained for the rest of the day. Played with the girls, visited with Liz and Val, and later Andrea, put the girls to bed, watched some junk tv and here I am with all 6 of my blog friends.

A good day indeed.

2 Comments:

At 14 October, 2006 01:41, Blogger heather said...

ahh glad everything's alright - thanks for the explanations! :-)

 
At 19 October, 2006 10:15, Blogger Liz said...

And I am SOOOO glad that you got that picture. You have enriched my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home