www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

MRI Oxymoron Directions

Well it happened last night. I finally had the MRI to try and figure out what is going on with my neck and shoulder. I arrived right on time for check-in, filled out my paperwork and prepared to wait for my appointment. I was utterly shocked when they promptly called me in - no waiting. Wow! I had to change into one of their gowns and then proceed to the very cold MRI room. The nice part was that they had oh so warm and toasty blankets waiting for me. The tech went through the normal questions then had me lay on the scanner, and in I went.

First scan was 1 minute, went fine. Next one was 4 minutes, and apparently I failed. I was told I was moving too much. Ok, I can relax. For previous MRI's I've just gone into a sort of awake sleep phase (that way my eyes are closed and I can trick myself into believing that I am not in a coffin type device.) Anyway, I failed it the second time too. He then asked me if I was sleeping, and I said yes. He claimed I couldn't do that, that I had to stay focused. He then told me to relax and tried again. Now how am I suppose to stay focused and relax all at the same time? Anyway, I failed again, so he pulled me out, put extra blocks around my head to imobilize it, and back in I went. I apparently passed and we continued with the rest of the scans for my neck and shoulder. It took about an hour total, and now I just have to wait for the results.

BTW, I was not moving. Just for the record. Apparently the neck scans are very sensitive and even deep breathing can screw them up.

6 Comments:

At 11 July, 2006 13:58, Blogger andrea said...

don't lie, you were boogying your little lady lumps. =D

 
At 11 July, 2006 14:51, Blogger heather said...

you know, admitting she has a problem boogying is the first step. and i don't think snowflake is there yet. but it's good to have a goal.

 
At 11 July, 2006 22:32, Blogger snarfdog said...

Hi, My name is Snowflake and I'm a boogyaholic. ;)

 
At 12 July, 2006 09:35, Blogger wen said...

Let me know how it goes! Thinking good thoughts that you're neck and shoulder are just stressed out, and boogying to their own beat.

 
At 12 July, 2006 11:48, Blogger snarfdog said...

Thanks Wen.

 
At 12 July, 2006 16:52, Blogger cheddah said...

narf! you boogyaholic, you!

it's hard to stay awake when there's nothing to do, nothing to look at, and there's that rhythmic click click clang of the machine, eh?

*crosses fingers for negative results*

(yes, in this case, negative is good!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home