www.flickr.com

Friday, June 30, 2006

Just for Bubbles...cuz it's still Friday

Five games you played as a kid.
1. Hide and Seek
2. Freeze Tag
3. Torment my younger sister and her friends (ok, not so much a game for others as it was good fun for me mostly cuz I was forced to play with them.) P.S. I like her now.
4. Street ball (Modified baseball/softball played in the street with many episodes of "Car!" which sent us all scattering)
5. HORSE, Dodgeball, and 4 square which count as one cuz they were all played in our driveway one right after the other cuz we had the ball and nothing to do.

Five people you know (or knew) and the food you associate with them. (This is really hard - I just don't make that many food/people associations.)
1. Dad - popcorn and strawberry pancakes as big as your head. When I was growing up there was Wide World of Disney every week. Dad would make a huge bag (think grocery sack) of popcorn and we would all sit and watch. On Sunday mornings, after church Dad would make pancakes that took up the entire plate and then some, and they would be topped with butter, syrup, and whipped cream. Yum!)
2. My hubby - meat (get your minds out of the gutter people.) He's just really good at preparing it. He makes the best burger you will ever taste - I swear.
3. Liz - toffee crack and pancakes
4. Jason - baked spaghetti
5. Sean - deviled eggs

Five things you don't own/have on hand that most people probably do.
I'm stumped, I can't think of anything. Between Bill and I we have samples of most things. I'll have to think more on this one and get back to you.

Five pet peeves.
1. Stupidity
2. Selfishness
3. Things out of order (yes, my house is driving me CRAZY)
4. People who think they know more than everyone else about anything.
5. Incorrect pronunciations (to me.)

Five people who taught you important things (you need not know them).
1. Mom and Dad of course (parents are your first teachers)
2. All the people out there who have persevered despite greater challenges than I have ever faced. I only hope that if I am ever faced with cancer, alzheimers, loss of limb, dementia, etc. that I can do as well.
3. One of my nursing instructors (for the life of me I can't remember her name) that helped me realize that one bad test grade does not determine the worth of the person.
4. My hubby (and he really should have appeared higher on this list) He is the reason I made it through nursing school. He taught me what unconditional love and support are about.
5. My children for teaching me that I have more patience than I ever thought, and yet it's still not enough sometimes.

5 people (or a higher multiple of 5) that you're tagging for this meme:
1. Andrea
2. Liz
3. Cheddah
4. SoopahViv
5. McJedi

1 Comments:

At 01 July, 2006 09:37, Blogger heather said...

nice! liz gets pinged twice for toffee crack! i love it.

and with your dad/pancakes, i totally thought you were going to say he made you mickey mouse pancakes. my mom did that and we loved it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home