www.flickr.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm so traumatized

Ok, for those of you who don't know, the girls have co-slept in our room since they were born, either in their co-sleeper, crib, or with us. The reasons for this are many though I will not defend nor explain them.

The reason I am traumatized is that for the FIRST TIME EVER the girls slept the whole night in their own cribs, in their own room last night. Needless to say I did not sleep much at all, and kept hearing ever little turn, cough, rustle of blankets, etc. Sam did wake up crying briefly at 2:30 A.M. so I went in and sat with her in the rocking chair till she was quiet again, then slipped her back INTO HER OWN BED and headed off to my bed. I'm sure I will get used to them not being in my room, but it's not going to be easy.

In other news: Riley went for 2 whole days with no accidents including naptime. Sam is dry day and night. Woo hoo!

6 Comments:

At 26 June, 2006 06:54, Blogger Seajade said...

Its probably just as well since they are starting to talk pretty good now. Could lead to some embarassing moments if they continued to sleep in your room. :) :)

 
At 26 June, 2006 12:03, Blogger andrea said...

aww, poor you! so are you sleeping on the couch now? =P

we reserve the right to poke fun at you though. =D

 
At 26 June, 2006 14:02, Blogger snarfdog said...

Like you have to reserve the right? Like you ever did before? I believe the poking fun is/was just a free for all. ;)

 
At 26 June, 2006 22:57, Blogger cheddah said...

hehehe, so, just for the record, i reserve the right, too. ;-)

don't worry - before you know it, they'll be having bad dreams (not that that is a good thing, mind you) and will come crawling back into your bed soon enough.

 
At 29 June, 2006 12:20, Blogger Jennie said...

OMG, that is huge. I remember the first night Graham spent in his crib in his own room. I wheeled that sucker into my room the next day.

He's sleeping in his room just fine now. Age 6 is good. :)

 
At 30 June, 2006 14:20, Blogger andrea said...

FRICK! it's been a week, BLOG ALREADY! *cracking whip*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home