www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First Movie Experience

Today we went to Diaper Days with Liz, Andrea, and Val. This is one movie a month that the theater sets up so that people with babies, toddlers, and pre-schoolers can go and not worry about the noise their kids might make. Today we saw Cars.
While it was not a total disaster, I am sure that next month the Doughty-Tan trio may decide to go on their own. The girls sat in their seats for all of 5 minutes as the movie did not grab their attention as I thought it would. After that we spent time alternating throwing popcorn on the floor with walking laps back and forth between Liz and Andrea who bookended our portion of the row. For a short while they both climbed up on Auntie Mo's lap which was quite cute, then Riley wanted to sit with Auntie Liz who was already holding Val so that made that quite impossible. About half way through the movie, Sam climbed up on my lap and fell asleep but Riley stuck it out through the end.

As we were preparing to leave I tried to get the requisite pictures of the girls and their first movie experience, but neither the camera nor the girls would cooperate so I mostly succeeded in traumatizing everyone. I seriously need to upgrade my camera.

All in all, it was a good outting (at least for us), and one I might repeat in the future (I say while ROTFLMAO hysterically.)

4 Comments:

At 06 July, 2006 09:01, Blogger heather said...

you forgot to say how the movie was. or did you not get to see it with all the rambunctiousness?

 
At 06 July, 2006 12:15, Blogger andrea said...

i had a lot of fun, especially since we didn't have to worry about being quiet at all, and THE BEST part of the movie was when riley climbed into my lap and then sam wanted to sit there too. =D

 
At 06 July, 2006 13:46, Blogger snarfdog said...

The movie was ok. Kind of cute but not one I'd go to see again although the credits at the end were hilarious. I'd go just to see those again, so if you're thinking of going don't leave the movie early.

 
At 11 July, 2006 11:21, Blogger Seajade said...

I haven't been reading in the last week or so and didn't know you had posted so much. All enjoyable and the pictures were great. I really want to see CARS and sorry I missed the experience with all of you. Oh well........sigh.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home