www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bill humors me

Ok, it's been requested that I post since it's been a week (unless you count the little hack job I helped the girls with). Not much has happened, plus I'm in a bit of a funk, a little writers block, etc. Bear with me, or I guess I should say dog with me since it is the Year of the Dog.

Anyway, the last week in short has been playgroup, quilting, painting, nailing cleats to the wall, painting, hockey, playgroup, pictures, and now we're up to date. Last night (Valentine's Day) we (Bill, I, and the girls) had a belated anniversary dinner of sorts. 7 years ago on Feb 13th Bill proposed to me (after secretly asking Stacey first). He does not believe in Valentine's Day. That's a bit inaccurate. He doesn't believe he should be encouraged to share his love and feelings on one specific day a year, so he sort of boycotts it by celebrating all year, but not Valentines Day. I think I like his way better - I don't have to wait, and I'm very impatient. Anyway, back to the story. He proposed the day before V-day because he knows I like silly holidays and that way I could wake up and be engaged. That was very sweet of him. Every year since then he has indulged me by celebrating the anniversary of when we got engaged - we go to the same place, and just have a nice time. This year we missed it because he had to do some prep work for an important work related matter, so we went on V-day instead.

So, that's it, until I can crack this writers block, this foggy blue funk, whatever it is. Happy belated Valentine's Day to all of you out there.

2 Comments:

At 15 February, 2006 11:06, Blogger heather said...

this is hilarious. so you actually end up with probably the best valentines day ever. :-)

 
At 15 February, 2006 17:23, Blogger Jennie said...

That is a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home