www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Work, work, work

Sounds like it's all I do, but as it turns out it's not what I do. Having gone to a relief position (required to work 24 hours in 2 weeks), I am one of the first people to be cancelled when we're overstaffed. Highly irritating since our manager had taken to overstaffing the unit and our census/acuity has been low which means we don't need as many nurses. Last night staffing mistakenly cancelled me for the entire night when it should have just been for the first 4 hours of my shift. Since they had to call me back, I ended up getting time and a half (part of our contract) which means I got paid for the entire shift anyway. Woo hoo! Tonight I got cancelled for the first 4 hours again, and probably should have been cancelled for the entire shift, but they made a mistake which was again to my benefit. So yeah, I can pay my rent and bills for another month.

9 Comments:

At 15 January, 2006 11:18, Blogger heather said...

hah. well at least you got more $ out of the deal.

 
At 15 January, 2006 22:41, Blogger Jennie said...

Thank goodness! 'Cause we have yarn to buy!

 
At 16 January, 2006 22:45, Blogger Liz said...

Cash rocks, especially when it's paired with extra time with the babies.

 
At 18 January, 2006 20:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or....you could move to Seattle and not have to work, be able to afford a house 2-3 times the size of yours and have complete health coverage- everything at 100%......but hey, that's just me......

 
At 19 January, 2006 16:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Notice she doesn't reply. Because it's the LOGICAL, EASY way to do things. But noooooooooo Susan has to be stubborn. Mule, woman, Mule. Give in. Move. :P

 
At 19 January, 2006 16:44, Blogger snarfdog said...

I have 3 words for you, rain, rain, and rain. I could also add a few more, cold, sleet, snow, no beach, no toffee crack.

 
At 19 January, 2006 17:08, Blogger Liz said...

Yeah, Susan. Why don't you move to Seattle? I hear it's fabulous there.

 
At 23 January, 2006 12:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no sleet here. I have not seen a speck of sleet. And you love the snow. It's perfect. It snows, stays around for a few days until you get tired of it, then it melts. There is most definitely beaches. What is toffee crack?

Rain? What's rain? I have no idea what your'e talking about.

 
At 23 January, 2006 23:05, Blogger snarfdog said...

See, you poor deprived person. You don't even know what toffee crack is. That's so sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home