www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ice Skate injuries abound

Yesterday, as some of you know from my Flickr files, the girls practiced walking in their skates. Riley got the first injury. She somehow managed to cut her right index finger on her ice skate before we even put them on. Being the trooper she is, she didn't even cry despite the fact that it would not stop bleeding for about 10 minutes. Pictures of her little injury with the bandaid in place were posted.

Sam managed to get the second injury. I believe Riley kicked or somehow stepped on her finger while they were making their "snow angels". Hers did not bleed so bad, stopped almost instantly though it looks a lot worse than Riley's. Though she willingly showed me her finger earlier to photograph, she refused to show it to me after the injury. Pictures have now been posted.

Despite the injuries, both girls still want to put their ice skates on, and both got excited when I asked if they wanted to go on the ice again with Mommy. Woo hoo! I'm gonna have my hockey players.

2 Comments:

At 06 January, 2006 13:26, Blogger -april said...

It's great that you're starting them young! I wish I started at their age!

 
At 06 January, 2006 15:24, Blogger snarfdog said...

Me too. I might actually be able to skate without falling down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home