www.flickr.com

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oh so depressing

Tonight was our annual family decorate the tree night. Normally we have the lights on by the night before, so that we can get down to the serious decorating. This year just didn't work out that way, so while I put lights on the tree my family lovingly mocked my insistance that the entire tree be equally and sufficiently lit (This meant over 1000 lights for me.) In any case, I finally finished lighting the tree (after sending Bill to the store for more lights) and we began to decorate. Bill hung his ornaments and some of the twins, Stacey hung her ornaments, and I hung mine as well as some of the twins and the family ornaments. I put the star on the top (very special antique family star) and literally as I hung the last ornament on the tree I heard a pop and the lights went out. I am so depressed. My beautiful tree is now lightless. I am far too exhausted to trouble shoot tonight (it's after midnight already.) I guess I'll have to start testing individual strings tomorrow. Ugh! I'd like to say something a little stronger, but it is the Christmas season afterall.

3 Comments:

At 13 December, 2005 10:16, Blogger heather said...

oh man, that sucks. i hope you find the offending lightbulb quickly!

 
At 13 December, 2005 11:11, Blogger Jennie said...

Oh honey, I can sense your loss from way up here. You'll find it and all you'll have to do is replace one of those tiny fuses and all will be cheery again.

(or you might have to run a green extension cord up the tree in back...)

 
At 13 December, 2005 15:47, Blogger andrea said...

ugh, i have one of those light sensor things that tells you which light bulb is out, but i don't know where it is! =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home