www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Don't rush the holidays

I admit it, I'm a bit of a traditionalist. I like my holidays, and I like to spend time enjoying each one before the next one hits. It drives me crazy that there is now Christmas stuff in the stores before Halloween. In fact, I even saw some in September this year. In an effort to be true to myself, I boycott all holiday items until we reach that particular holiday season - until this year. Normally I refuse to look at, listen to, or partake of any Christmas goodness until the bell has tolled on Thanksgiving. It's a tradition I'm comfortable with. This year however, Bill came home with a giant Giradelli Peppermint Bark candy bar which he proceeded to eat in front of me, and taunt me with. I was fine with this. I'm tough, I didn't break. Until this morning when I went in to clean the kitchen and 1/2 of it still remained, taunting me with it's goodness. Again, I hung tough and ignored it. Then I made the girls breakfast, and it was still there calling out to me. Halfway through breakfast it was no longer there. Mmmmmm Mmmmmm good. So much for holiday willpower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home