www.flickr.com

Monday, September 12, 2005

What has happened in the last 2 weeks and why I haven't blogged

Ok, the last two weeks have been busy and I won't bore you with a day by day accounting, just some of the highlights. Oh, and I'll try not to babble, but I'm working on 2 hours of sleep, so I don't guarantee it. (See, I'm babbling already.)

Two weeks ago I attended a 3 day lactation class where I learned some very fascinating facts including the fact that children will naturally wean themselves somewhere between 4 and 8 years old. Also, they claim the new breast pumps work better and have the same power as the old breast pumps (they so don't!) And the worst part was that they spent the entire 3 days using scare tactics and the same type of promotion tactics that they were condemning the formula companies for. All in all, I don't think the information presented will help me any more with my job. I was really hoping to get some more practical information. Oh well.

Then last week, my oldest daughter moved out. She's living in a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 guys and a girl (hey, wasn't that a sitcom in the 90's?) It's not far from here and so far she's called home almost every day, and stopped by a couple of times. It's sad, but good all at the same time.

One of the main things that has kept me from blogging is that I was spending every extra minute I had to finish a quilt for my sister (the one going through chemo.) I dropped it off this morning - she cried when she got it. Thanks to everyone who helped me with that project,particularly Debbie who fought the battle of the geese and won (she'll know what I mean.) I'll post pictures later.

Lastly, I returned to the ice yesterday. Good and bad, I can still skate with the same skill (or lack thereof) that I did before, however now I seem to be having difficulty staying on my skates. During the scrimmage yesterday I had a nice brain bounce on the ice, a butt flop, a belly flop, and a plain ol' arms and legs o'flailing flop. Maybe I should think about having someone put edge on my skates (or training wheels.)

So that's the long and short of what's been happening.

9 Comments:

At 12 September, 2005 12:20, Blogger cheddah said...

and it's great to finally be able to skate with you! welcome back!

the brain bounce was scary...glad you are all right. edges do tend to help. :-)

 
At 12 September, 2005 14:53, Blogger andrea said...

ugh, comment spammer. lame!

glad you're back, never mind me calling you BITCH over and over for not skating for YEARS and still being faster than me. BITCH! ;o)

 
At 12 September, 2005 21:45, Blogger snarfdog said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I was fine until Liz told us to "get our asses on the ice" to which I replied "wouldn't you prefer our skates be on the ice?" and promptly fell. ;)

 
At 12 September, 2005 22:20, Blogger snarfdog said...

P.S. Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be back and have a whole new group of hockey friends (in addition to the old ones.)

 
At 12 September, 2005 22:33, Blogger cheddah said...

it was awesome to see the girls there, too! hope they come to watch often!

 
At 13 September, 2005 08:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Hockey advice:
When you skates are slow, when you just can't keep up, or when people are better than you, remember this: Checking, tripping and hooking will take them all down just as easy as you go down. ;D

 
At 13 September, 2005 13:04, Blogger andrea said...

lol, helen, that *is* good hockey advice, one that i've been following until recently when someone pointed out that i've improved enough to not need to do that anymore. =/ er, i mean, =)

 
At 14 September, 2005 10:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Come on Andrea, you gotta get your checks in just for fun. Hockey's no fun without smashing someone!

 
At 14 September, 2005 11:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW I forgot to say, the class you were at MUST have been LLL a.k.a the nursing nazis. Try nursing mother's council. Besides, nursing until between 4 and 8 is just gross. I can see it now, um yeah my third grader just got done nursing. Keep in mind, they start getting their permanent teeth about 5. I hate LLL. Turns the families into a bunch of freaks. Way to get beat up at school and ostracized for life! THey'll be sitting at their high school graduation going, hey there's the kid that nursed until THIRD GRADE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home