www.flickr.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lil Bug

Ok, you know that cute little ladybug up above? Well when we got the costume it had two tiny (almost not noticeable) holes, one in the top of each wing. The costume had come to us in alternate packaging so I'm guessing whoever returned it did so because they put the holes there when removing it from the original packaging.

Anyway, to make a long story longer I called the company. I figured I paid full price for a new costume I ought to get my money's worth or get a partial refund (what I really wanted - I'm all for the bargain.) I have to say the company was excellent to deal with, but a little foolish. Rather than offer a discount on the one I already had, they are sending me a brand new costume at no charge and have instructed me to destroy the old one. Somehow I just don't think I'm going to do that. I have plenty of friends that could use a free costume. Maybe even Gus or Zeus. ;)

We also ordered something from this company that ended up being the wrong size for the girls though I used their charts. They are sending me a replacement and a free shipping label to send back the other ones. I'd say they've more than earned my business.

6 Comments:

At 27 September, 2005 13:29, Blogger andrea said...

well, what's the company? plug 'em if you like 'em!

zappos.com is like that. they'll send out a replacement before they receive the wrong item, which, in my book, is way too trusting in this day in age but which also endeared me to them.

 
At 27 September, 2005 14:12, Blogger snarfdog said...

Silly me. Company is One Step Ahead www.onestepahead.com and their sister company (for older kids) is Leaps and Bounds www.leapsandboundscatalog.com

 
At 27 September, 2005 15:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually they're not really noble. When you have a merchant account, the credit card companies charge you HUGE fees to do refunds or adjustments (on my account it was $20 per transaction) so it's much cheaper for them to find another way. Sorry to rain on your parade.

 
At 28 September, 2005 14:36, Blogger andrea said...

yeah, but it's not a refund, it's a product swap or replacement.

 
At 28 September, 2005 14:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just standard good customer service :)

 
At 29 September, 2005 16:26, Blogger snarfdog said...

Which a lot of companies don't give. This impresses me and I will continue to support them and others that practice this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home