www.flickr.com

Monday, August 01, 2005

Buying a car...just like it used to be.

Today, inspired by the GM employee pricing promo, Bill and I went out with the intent to purchase a new car. We Whad looked around a little previous to this and wanting a smaller car than what we have now, figured it would either be the Trailblazer or the Equinox (ugly car.) We test drove both, had them side by side and had finally decided that it might be the Trailblazer (TB) for us. Then the final test, the child car seat. Tried it in the TB, wouldn't fit properly, no way, no how. Sighed deeply and tried it in the Equinox and of course it fit fine in there, so the Equinox it was. Now this particular Equinox was semi-fully loaded. (I know, it's an oxymoron) including "Front License Plate Frame" and "Tail Gate Ajar Dashlight". I was totally shocked and amazed at what they had listed on the window sticker. In any case, one of the things it did have was a DVD player. Now anyone who knows me knows that a DVD player is one of the last things I would want in a car. However, if it happened to be on the one we were looking at, I would deal with it. I even told the salesguy that. The kicker is that when he brought us the quote for the car, it had as the second line item, in big bold letters. DVD PLAYER $1,995 additional. The guy tried to convinced me it was a good deal and that I should want it. Puhleaze!! IF I wanted one, I would go to Frys and pick up a portable one I could take anywhere for a few hundred, NOT the bargain price of $1,995. He also tried to give us only a $1000 for the Jeep (low blue book is 5k). Then pulled the, "Let me check with my manager" bit. We'd finally had enough, decided we could do without a new car for now, said thanks but no thanks, and took our happy little Jeep home. Maybe we'll try again in a few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home