www.flickr.com

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The last 24 hours and Up, up

The last 24 hours have been rather interesting. Yesterday started off with my SIL coming over to quilt with me (yes, for those that don't know, I do quilt.) My parents also came by, so they took the girls for a walk, and another walk, and yet one more walk before they left. Sam napped for a very short while, Riley revolted, so both to bed early last night. This is where the fun begins.

I was sitting in the nursery and suddenly heard someone yelling, "Help, help me. She's hurting me, she's stealing my things. Help me please." A few more helps and then things got quiet. I couldn't decide if the person was serious or someone goofing off (we have a lot of silly teenagers in the area). The front drapes were open, so I walked to the edge of the window to peer out, couldn't see much, but there appeared to be a person sitting at the edge of the lawn. I foolishly opened the front door to get a better look, couldn't tell what they were doing, noone else around. Closed and LOCKED door, went to get Bill out of bed. He wasn't about to go out there either (at this time we had both decided through a little covert observatoin that this person didn't seem to be injured,etc.) We thought it'd be best to allow the authorities that be deal with it, so we called 911. After a somewhat lengthy call to get all the details we notice a police car drive by and continue down the street, then it comes back and disappears down the street the other direction never stopping. We call 911 back, and they inform us that the police didn't see anyone. That's because they didn't turn onto the side street (we're on a corner) like we told them in the first call. Back they come again, and this time they stop. Bill goes out the side door and they detain him along with this other person - we're assuming it's because they aren't sure who they were called for. When it becomes clear that it's the other person, they send Bill on his way. Apparently the person was rather intoxicated, showed no injuries, so they gave them the option of a cab or going in with them. Apparently whatever was decided, they person ended up going with the police leaving a large pile of trash and a broken Yager Meister bottle in my front yard for me to clean up.

Thinking the excitement was over, Bill went back to bed (I was suffering with Liz' insomnia). Over the baby monitor I hear Sam start fussing. I wait a few minutes as sometimes she will settle down. Then I hear, "Up, up", Sams' mantra lately. I go to check out the monitor and don't see her, so I assume Bill has picked her up. A few short seconds later Riley starts to cry (she's uncovered herself again and is cold.) I go in to rectify the situation only to be informed by Bill that Sams' "Up, up" was her triumphant way of informing us that she had climbed out of her crib. The kid is 14 1/2 months old. This isn't supposed to be happening yet, but then again that's the story of Sam. Anyway, she snuggled in with Daddy and stayed there the rest of the night.

The rest of the 24 hours was comprised of more quilting, swimming at my parents house where the girls learned to blow bubbles and jump in the pool. They cried when it was time to get out. Dinner (both girls are doing better with a fork), then bedtime where so far all is quiet. I'm off to dreamland myself - hopefully.

1 Comments:

At 27 July, 2005 00:08, Blogger Viv said...

Up, up! Yesh! Go Sam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home