www.flickr.com

Friday, July 29, 2005

Another 8 hours of my life gone!

Ok, yesterday I had to take a "Super User" computer class for a new system we're getting at work. It was definitely one of the longest 8 hour periods in my life. Let me give you a sample.

Instructor: There are 3 ways to close your window, the "x" in the top right corner of the window, the exit door on the tool bar, or the exit option in the File drop down menu. (All were explained as well)

Instructor: Please close your windows

LA (lame ass) student: I can't get my window to close, what do I do?

Instructor: What have you tried?

LA student: Nothing, I can't figure it out.

The instructor (being very patient) walks over to her station and helps her out.

5 min later

LA student: Now how do I exit this again?

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!

At least she didn't come back after lunch. The afternoon session went much smoother, but it's still 8 hours of my life that I will never get back. Sigh.

2 Comments:

At 29 July, 2005 12:27, Blogger Viv said...

I hope that you don't have direct work contact with this LAS. Ugh!

 
At 29 July, 2005 16:10, Blogger snarfdog said...

Thank goodness, no. I was ready to bash my brains out on the monitor on the desk behind me by the time we hit lunch. What kills me is that this was the "Super User" class, not the remedial I'm-an-idiot class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home