www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

They fly, they creep, they crawl

Since Liz and Andrea have seen fit to update us with dead fly details, and Viv keeps us up on the antics of the spiders at her house (and the population fluctuations), I thought I'd send out an update on the ant situation.

I started at the most basic level of what everyone passed on to me, pepper. Along the same lines were cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, and a few other spices, all of which I was warned stained, thus the reason for starting with pepper. It seems to have been a good starting point. Other than my house smelling like black pepper now, we have been fairly ant free for a week now - Woo hoo!! Keep in mind that this does not kill the ants, merely repels them from sharing the same space that we do which makes me happy. It also makes me a little happy to see their crunchy little butts go running when sprinkled with pepper.

2 Comments:

At 27 July, 2005 12:06, Blogger Viv said...

Ah, yes, my walls are turning a cinnamon color. Perhaps I should switch!

 
At 27 July, 2005 16:33, Blogger snarfdog said...

Hey, you could make a bundle by marketing organic insect repelling wall paint/stain. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home