www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The magic of Oz

How to determine the representation of your child's age changes as they age. Up until about 2 to 2 1/2 years old most people go by months. Why? Because less than 1 is not yet a year, one is singular while year is usually referred to in the plural, so you can't say Baby Snookums is 1 years old, and lastly, there is still so much of a difference in growth and development from month to month at that age. Once they hit 3 years old the changes come more slowly as do the age changes. 3, 3 and 1/2, almost 4 which is what prompted this post.

Lately people have been asking me how old the girls are and I've been replying with, "Three and a half." This past week or so I realized they are going to be 4 in less than a month, so the real answer is, "Almost 4." However, I'm not ready for 4 year olds. 1 was exciting, we had hit that first milestone. 2 was a whirlwind, but 3 has gone by at lightening speed. This is the last year I have with my babies before they go to Kindergarten. Yep, you heard me right, Kindergarten. So, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, I would like to click my heels together 3 times, and say, "There's no place like 3, there's no place like 3, there's no place like 3," and magically be granted another wonderful year with my girls before I must relinquish them to the cold, cruel land of Winkie Country which the Wicked Witch of the West rules.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11 April, 2008 08:52, Blogger heather said...

i disagree about stopping the month-counting business. a few weeks ago we got together for my dad's birthday and i said, hey! you're 672 months today!

 
At 12 April, 2008 01:35, Blogger snarfdog said...

Heather. LOL here at work. People are looking at me funny. Thanks. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home