www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Many of you may have plans for a nice little dinner with your sweetie,
maybe a card or two to exchange, or some chocolates and flowers to
celebrate Valentine's Day. Not so for me.

First of all, we just don't celebrate this day. We celebrate the 13th
instead as that is when we got engaged (9 years ago now). We had a nice
dinner last night out on the wharf in Santa Cruz, where we always go
since it's where the inaugeral event occurred. However, I do always
have a little treat for my kids on V day.

So. What did I do to celebrate the day? I went down to my nice little
doctors office and let him slice my breast open. Shortly after that I
started my period. And no, I'm not a little grumpy right now. Why do
you ask? Just hand over that cookie and no one gets hurt.

6 Comments:

At 14 February, 2008 21:25, Blogger heather said...

ok, you win for shittiest v-day. i hope next year's is better, sheesh!

 
At 14 February, 2008 21:42, Blogger Carolyn Bierman said...

Owie! Poor boobie. :(

 
At 14 February, 2008 22:36, Blogger -april said...

Want me to drop off some baked goodies? hugs

 
At 14 February, 2008 23:23, Blogger snarfdog said...

Heather: Not as bad as it sounds. just all combined it made me grumpy for a moment. I'm better now.

Poof: Thanks. It'll be fine before we know it.

and Oh April, how I wish I'd seen this before buying out the local drugstore. Thanks though.

 
At 15 February, 2008 12:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu had a biopsy?

 
At 16 February, 2008 00:13, Blogger snarfdog said...

imhelendt: yep. No biggie though - other than the sutures and the scar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home