www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween, preview meltdown of the holiday season.

Don't get me wrong here, I love Halloween, but sometimes things just get to be too much. Overall we had fun pumpkin hunting, carving, and even the beginning of trick-or-treating, but a little too much holiday sugar did us all in. I had a mini-meltdown (sorry Cathy), the girls had major meltdowns (severe sugar plummet), and even Bill had a little meltdown. All in all, I think we'll give Halloween one more try next year.

On a more upbeat note, the girls were adorable if I do say so myself (all three of them - Val, Riley, and Sam) My two were just so sweet the way they'd say tick teet and then thank you. They were very good little trick-or-treaters. Val was the model of excellence in her adorable dragon costume. She had very big eyes and watched everything the girls were doing, and then settled in for a very long nap in which she even slept through Riley's tantrum.

This morning the girls got up, and as most young kids do asked to go trick-or-treating again. We've swapped out all their candy for granola bars and fruit snacks, so hopefully no more meltdowns. ;)

Oh, and as for the pumpkins, they drew their own faces on, scooped out their own seeds, and proudly carried their jack-o-lanterns to the front porch. So cute.

3 Comments:

At 01 November, 2006 16:13, Blogger andrea said...

i'm thinking next year, we get locking trick or treat pumpkins...candy goes in and doesn't come out again. when they start wailing, slip them those small boxes of raisins. it would be too sad to think of a halloween without the girls in costume.

 
At 02 November, 2006 08:54, Blogger Seajade said...

Good idea Andrea on the locking pumpkins! Those little hands are just too fast. Sam and Riley were so cute. I could never hear enough of the tick teet. It got me every time. And little Val played her adorable part perfectly. Lets do it again next year. And, don't worry, may be my own denseness, but I didn't even notice the Mommy meltdown.

 
At 02 November, 2006 13:44, Blogger Liz said...

I'm all for trying that again, but a year seems like an excellent time to wait before doing so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home