www.flickr.com

Friday, August 11, 2006

Hockey Injury Update

The news was mostly good. My spine is healing, any nerve damage seems to be temporary and on the mend. Yay!

As for my shoulder, I did indeed have a rotator cuff tear. It seems to be healing, and the doc thinks that PT will help it along, and bring back the strength and range of motion in that arm. He referred me to the sports medicine guy that specializes in shoulders who actually called me today. I have an appointment to see him on Tuesday to discuss whether he thinks surgery is necessary. I think it's merely a formality at this point. My shoulder has been getting progressively better, and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to do so. I'm assuming he'll just concur that PT is a good idea at this point and no more medical intervention is needed.

The great news I received is that the doc has cleared me to start playing hockey again. WOO HOO!! Did I say that loud enough?? Let me try again. WOO HOO!!!!

The bad news? My hopes of a pitching career in MLB have been dashed. That totally sucks.

See ya all on the ice soon. :D

8 Comments:

At 11 August, 2006 11:31, Blogger heather said...

yay!!! not only a yes to hockey but a no to surgery! that's awesome!

 
At 11 August, 2006 12:03, Blogger -april said...

Wonderful news!!!!!

 
At 11 August, 2006 13:58, Blogger andrea said...

woo! it was because of all the carb-eating, couch-sitting sessions, wasn't it?

 
At 11 August, 2006 17:32, Blogger snarfdog said...

definitely the carbs and couch sitting. Now if only I could do that on a full time basis and not weigh 300+ lbs.

 
At 11 August, 2006 18:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

most bueno! congrats on the return to hockiness. I'm just counting the days...and avoiding the carby couch

 
At 13 August, 2006 00:48, Blogger Liz said...

When you return to the ice, I will be there to sing the theme from Welcome Back Kotter!

 
At 14 August, 2006 21:22, Blogger cheddah said...

woooooooo! welcome back! :-D

 
At 15 August, 2006 11:28, Blogger Jennie said...

YAHOO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home