www.flickr.com

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Long overdue hockey injury post

As some of you know I have been unable to play hockey for the last couple of months due to back to back injuries which found me first slammed against the boards (I think the majority of the injury came from this) and then flattened on the ice. The pain has gradually been decreasing while the strength and mobility is slowly returning. Why write all this now? Because I finally had an MRI and got the results back. My doc immediately said no more hockey for a while and has referred me to the spine clinic. Apparently 3 of my cervical discs are bulging, there is fluid/swelling (which is indicative of an injury) that is putting pressure on my nerves and causing some of my pain/mobility issues, and what may possibly be a cyst at C6 - C7. I also have a torn tendon, and a strained muscle, but nothing broken (go me.) The long and short of it is that I'm out for the season, possibly longer until these things are resolved. This so sucks!!

3 Comments:

At 19 July, 2006 22:37, Blogger heather said...

ack ack ack!! i'm so sorry, snowflake. that sucks so much! min had several bulging discs at various points in her life, and rest (like, no moving) and/or steroid injections helped hers to heal. anyway, i know (at least vicariously) how much those hurt. whatever the spine clinic has on tap, i hope it gets you happier soon!

 
At 20 July, 2006 16:28, Blogger Jennie said...

OMG, I had no idea. Oh geez, honey. I hope it is all reversible. Wowch.

 
At 21 July, 2006 12:12, Blogger McJedi said...

Yikes! Quiet snerkle about having "back to back" injuries aside, it certainly sounds like your pain is justified! :-P Backs are important...yep, I know that first-hand, now, and I only had a deep bruise. Take care of yourself (difficult given 2 active girls and a job, I know!!) and heal!! Maybe you four should take a day off and relax and splash around at a BBQ. ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home