www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Camp Potty Update

I've heard that if your kid isn't trained within two weeks that perhaps you should wait and try again later. I don't remember where I heard this, but it doesn't matter. It's day 14 and I think I can claim success. The girls are using their potties 90% to 95% of the time with great success, but more important is the fact that they get it.

Today while I had the girls out and about, Sam told me she needed to potty. Sadly I couldn't get her to a restroom fast enough and she had an accident in her pants which made her cry. She was so upset that she dirtied her pants. Not once during this whole process have I ever scolded the girls, or said something to make them feel like less of a human being when they have had their accidents, so I'm pretty certain it was because she was disappointed with herself (which is not always a bad thing). It's sounds awful, but I am so proud of her, not because she was upset, but because she was upset because she really gets it.

Ironically we were at the store to buy a new potty.

3 Comments:

At 26 April, 2006 13:15, Blogger andrea said...

aw, poor sam, but WAY TO GO, GIRLS! we will be over to do that potty dance. =D

 
At 26 April, 2006 17:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept a bjorn plastic potty lined with plastic bags in my car. No public restrooms for us!

 
At 26 April, 2006 22:24, Blogger snarfdog said...

Yeah, that's what we were getting at the store - a potty for the car (and a new one for the house.) I guess it was too little, too late for me in that case. sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home