www.flickr.com

Monday, April 17, 2006

Camp Potty

Late last week we (I) decided to set up Camp Potty. We have the central hallway of the house blocked off for the girls and have put their potty seats, some small toys, paper and crayons in this area in order to contain the "mess" while they learn to use their potty chairs. Needless to say, I now have crayon all over my walls and doors in this area. Sigh. In any case, here's a picture of Camp Potty.

As for progress on the potty training, we are about 50/50 at home. On the road we use the potty 100% of the time (at least so far.) The girls seem to really enjoy public restrooms. We went to Outback for my Mom's birthday, and I had to take the girls to the restroom no less than 7 times. A couple of these times were successful, but mostly I think we were just enjoying the Potties of the World Tour.

I know it doesn't seem like such a big deal, but it is quite a process to take them to a public restroom. First you have to get there, get in the stall, put their smaller potty seat on the toilet, hold them up there for what seems like forever, wipe, re-dress them, put the portable potty seat away, flush the toilet and wave bye-bye all while trying to keep them from touching every disgusting thing in there. Then wash and dry hands, and back to the dinner table. Needless to say, doing this 7 times prevented me from having much of a meal. It was totally worth dry pants though.

In case any of you are wondering why Bill didn't take them, think about it. Men's restroom - gross!! I would rather pee in a bush than use a mens restroom and I certainly don't want my girls in there. Ewwww.

4 Comments:

At 17 April, 2006 12:22, Blogger heather said...

hey, free artwork! i can't wait to see their masterpieces next time i visit that hallway.

and that sucks about dealing with that while trying to eat dinner. sheesh.

btw my verification word is judjtnm. so i'm not judjing.

 
At 17 April, 2006 15:54, Blogger andrea said...

haha. reminds me of the time we went to disneyland and i overheard a woman in the bathroom of ariel's grotto trying to coax to poop out of her daughter's butt. after exhausting her patience, the mother finally yelled, "PRINCESSES DON'T CRY WHEN THEY POOP!!!"

or something like that. thought i blogged about it but i can't find it...oh wait, liz did. LMAO all over again.

shit, i just jinxed us, didn't i?

 
At 17 April, 2006 23:17, Blogger Liz said...

You're forgetting the high-fiving!

 
At 18 April, 2006 10:50, Blogger Jennie said...

OMG, ITA totally about the men's bathrooms. Ugh.

And wow, I forgot about the thankless task of keeping the kid from touching everything in the bathroom (including the floor, yech!). And you've got 2 to control, holy moly.

Fight the good fight, my friend. No longer having to deal with diapers is bliss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home