www.flickr.com

Monday, March 27, 2006

Am I live or Memorex?

While I seemed to have dropped off the planet (no blogs, emails, or IM's) for almost 4 days, I assure you I am still here, just exceedingly busy.

It all started with work Thursday night. Yes, you heard me right, Thursday, not Friday and not Saturday. This was because I was hosting a baby shower (Go Murray) at my house on Saturday, and needed Fri and Sat free to prepare for it. Part of preparing was finishing (or nearly finishing) my office so that we could move stuff out of the family room to make additional space for additional bodies. This required a few extra days and nights and some extra help (thanks Andrea, Debbie, and Cathy) to get it done (or nearly done as the case may be.) Sadly, as with most projects, it took much longer and so I got way behind on everything else.

Friday, I stayed up after work to move stuff, and prepare for the shower. Doesn't sound too complicated, does it? Let's just say that 5 people later (Thanks Liz, Andrea, Cathy, and Bill), more sleepless hours, a dead motherboard, and certain panic, it was finally done. Or as done as it would be for the party.

Saturday dawned fairly clear (we only had some small showers), but there was still much to be done. In a panic I called my sister, Cathy who was a saint and came over to help me ALL DAY on NO NOTICE whatsoever. She was my saviour, and I can't thank her enough. I also got some super help from Tiffani (TQ) who put all her creative talents to use in finishing the party favors and getting other things ready for the party, as well as an entertaining and helpful partner at the grocery store. Lastly, AmyFritz, Liz, and Andrea showed up to help get the final touches on the living room done, and get the food organized. The shower went fairly well despite the fact that the house was packed to the gills. There were so many people there that love Liz and Andrea and wanted to share in welcoming baby "Murray" into the world that there was standing room only at the party.

After the party, we packed up Andrea's car, and sent her, Liz, and AmyFritz on their way. Me? I settled myself down for a long winters nap.

Sunday came, and with it our friends Mike and Catherine with whom we had brunch. Then we took the kids to the park for some much enjoyed playtime until Riley decided that the slide and surrounding structure were hers and was fairly physical in trying to keep other kids off of it. A time out, and some rather stinky pants later we headed home where I relaxed until Red tryouts at 2:30.

I won't lie, tryouts were tough, especially being outnumbered by the current red players at a ratio of 3:1. Andrea was awesome during the scrimmage. She was a hockey fool, stealing the puck, doing fancy spins to get around players, and then the slapshot from the point that was right on goal, very nice. Me, I felt like everyone was going 90MPH and I had joined the brigade of old men with hats. Anyway, I don't know the results yet, but will keep you posted.

Came home from hockey planning on putting the girls to bed, and then having a little romantic time with Bill, but Sam had other ideas. The little imp would not/could not sleep and was up until 11:30 which for those of you that know is WAY past her bedtime. She is my little clock and usually goes right to sleep when it's time, and sleeps till morning.

So, now it's 1:11 in the morning, and I'm blogging. Why, cuz I just cleared my email (nearly 1000 junk mails) and I have a second wind. Good morning Bubbles. I know you're out there.

6 Comments:

At 27 March, 2006 09:18, Blogger heather said...

hah! and i'm even the first one to post a comment! i don't know why, since i was up when you wrote this, and woke up waaay too early today, too.

anyway, good work, snowflake. you and all your minions did a fabulous job with the shower. and hope you make Red!

 
At 27 March, 2006 16:32, Blogger Seajade said...

HaHa. You know there is no such thing as a free lunch. So now you owe me. tee heee. Or is it that I was just paying you back for all of the free lunches you have given me? tee hee. Who knows?

 
At 27 March, 2006 17:44, Blogger Liz said...

Yeah, you totally rocked. We so owe you, and more than just a card.

 
At 27 March, 2006 18:48, Blogger Jennie said...

It's true; you did an amazing job. So incredible to have such a houseful of adoring friends.

Plus dang, your kids rock.

 
At 27 March, 2006 19:43, Blogger snarfdog said...

Bubbles, I knew you were out there. I could feel it.

Seajade - yeah, you owe me. I like that. I need to figure out how to work that angle with others. ;)

Liz - Apparently you did owe me more than a card, Andrea just punched me. Thanks.

Jennie - Thanks. And I think my kids rock too, but as I said before, I'm a little prejudiced. Graham was great. I'm bummed he didn't get to read to the girls. I think we have one of his books here.

 
At 29 March, 2006 10:07, Blogger wen said...

The shower was great! I know how hard it can be to organize something like that, and I thought that it went off exceedingly well. :) The babies are SO COOL, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home