www.flickr.com

Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend update (other than the great hockey)

Worked Friday - ya, ya, ya.

Saturday got home from work planning on sleeping, but called the people about the Jetta to see if they got the registration fax. They did, but couldn't meet at the credit union because he had to work, so I changed, got all cozy in my bed, and was just ready to drift off to sleep when Bill comes in with the phone. Apparently the guy is going to go into work later, so he can meet us at the credit union. So, I'm up again, dressed, and heading out the door where we get as far as a block away and Bill realizes the Jetta needs gas, so we stop at the gas station which turns out to be fortunate. The people called and said the fax had not been received, so back home for us to call Rich and Angelica. They faxed to the newly provided number and all was well, so we were off again.

We arrived at the credit union, met with the loan officer and AS WE ARE SITTING AT THE LOAN OFFICERS DESK the guy trys to deal me down on the car. I couldn't believe it. Did I mention we drove the car all the way to Capitola for them? Anyway, it's a long convoluted story, but the car is for his girlfriend, we made the deal with his girlfriend, he's only financing it because he totalled her car. He says he didn't see the car until today and wants to pay us $500 less than we agreed on - at one point he even suggested $800 less. At this point I am very tired and cranky (remember I haven't slept in a day due to work), I look right at him and say, "No, we had a deal. I've had another gentleman who is willing to pay me $200 more than our deal, and he's paying in cash. If you are not interested, say the word and I'll call him." The guy continued to try and deal, but I stood firm. I might have been more conducive to dealing had he done it BEFORE we hit the loan officers desk. I also pointed out that we just filled the tank with gas (which is not cheap these days) and he said, "Shouldn't it come with a full tank of gas?" My head almost exploded at that, but I kept my cool, and very calmly stated, "We are not a car dealership, we do not fill tanks or offer other perks, we are a private party." At this point his girlfriend kicked him, he had some choice words for her, but no more for me. I think I made my point.

The one last hitch was that the car needed a smog, so that's being done today. Apparently California has a law that cars have to be smogged within 2 months of transfer of a vehicle regardless of whether it was already smogged that year.

After the car incident we decided to go to the pier for lunch. We had a great time, and went to Mariani's for dessert. The girls got marshmallows (I know, I know). Riley was quite funny as she decided to put the entire marshmallow in her mouth at once - she couldn't even close her mouth. Silly girl. Sammy did the tootie pop version (one nibble, two nibbles, three nibbles, bite).

We got home about 2:30, the girls had already napped in the car and it was getting too late for me to nap if I wanted to sleep that night, so I just stayed up. Liz and Andrea came by for a visit which the girls loved. They did some really fancy dancing for them. We also gave Andrea and Liz a hospital grade doppler (lets you listen to the babys heartbeat) to use for Murray. Before they left we tried it out on the girls because they were very interested. They thought it was great. We thought we were done and were putting it away when Sammi came over and layed down on the floor to have it down again, and again, and again. And then Riley did the same. It was quite funny.

Sunday we got up, had some breakfast, and did a little work on the room that is soon to be my office. Mostly packing up the rest of my oldest daughters stuff and sorting stuff for goodwill and the garbage. We took a break and came out to the living room to feed the girls, and lo and behold, Sammi and Riley both layed down on the floor with their tummies exposed to hear their heartbeats. It was quite hilarious. I wonder how long this will go on.

After that, Liz and Andrea came by to get me for hockey and well, you already know the end of that story.

So, here it is Monday and the beginning of a new week of adventures for me and the girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home