www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Stretching, jumping, balancing, and running

What do these all have in common? They're what my girls did in gymnastics today. Yep, they attended their first gymnastics class today.

The first class they attended was for 3 1/2 to 5 year olds. I was concerned about it, but the lady told me they'd be fine, and if not we could switch classes. Sure enough we ended up switching. The girls did really well for the first 30 minutes of class, sitting with the other kids, listening, and following directions, but then their 3 year old spirit got the better of them and they were off, so the teacher brought them over and said they should try the lower class which is a Mommy and me class.

The reason I had never signed them up for that is there is only one Mommy (me) and two kids. They assured me the instructor would help out and it would be fine, and you know what? It was. The girls loved it, so we're signed up for the rest of the summer. If they get to the point where they have outgrown this class before the fall sessions, then they will transfer them back up to the older class.

Bottom line is they had fun, and they learned a lesson about following directions.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home