www.flickr.com

Monday, November 20, 2006

Starting the day with a bang.

So, this morning I woke up, showered, and got the girls fed, dressed, teeth brushed, etc. by 9:25. I was pretty happy to be running ahead of schedule. All I had left to do before 9:45 (when I had to leave for PT) was dry my hair, brush my teeth, and put on my shoes and socks, no problem.

I started off by going into the girls bathroom to brush my teeth and was hit by a very strong sewage smell as well as water all over the floor around the toilet. I thought to myself, "Great, the seal on the toilet has broken. How much is it going to cost to fix that, and how long will we have to live without that toilet?" In general no problem though. I got some old rags to soak up the water and went to the other bathroom to get it set up for the girls so my parents could take them to the bathroom while I was gone. Uh oh, more sewage smell. Yep, you guessed it. This toilet had exploded too. I suddenly remembered the city truck outside that was connecting to one of the sewer holes in the street. Apparently whatever they were doing backed up into my toilets and my bathroom.

So, with 5 minutes left I quickly mopped up the water, cleaned the two toilets (at least the insides and the parts people touch when using them, and made it to PT on time. Woo hoo. I finished the bathroom sterilization when I arrived home. YUCK! And yes, the city is going to receive a piece of my mind. I'll try not to give them a piece I need.

1 Comments:

At 20 November, 2006 22:33, Blogger heather said...

uh, nice work, snowflake. but sheesh that sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home