www.flickr.com

Monday, June 27, 2005

Long, mind weary weekend

Long, long weekend. That's really about all I can say about it, other than to throw out a few random thoughts of my own.

This weekend I spent much of my time in an ambulance picking up sick, sick babies. I often do this for work, but it's not always so difficult as it was this weekend. Sometimes the babies we get are considered "sick" just because they came into this world a little earlier than planned, but you have to believe when you're picking them up at that other hospital that they will grow, and eat, cry and poop, and someday they will sing their ABC's, develop a great slap shot, drive a car, and meet the love of their lives. Those are the "good" transports. Then there are the ones like I had this weekend. 3 for 3 bad, bad, bad ones. 2 of the outcomes are unknown, but sadly 1 has been determined. When this happens, I always become a bit reflective (and selfishly thankful that my children are happy and healthy.)

Why are some beautiful little souls chosen to be with us for only a short time? What's the purpose of their time on earth that comes and goes in the blink of an eye. I suppose we'll never know until we too pass from this existence. All I can do is offer hugs, stupid words, and my own tears which I can't stop even when trying to be the "professional".

1 Comments:

At 27 June, 2005 11:19, Blogger andrea said...

you butt! making me all teary eyed at work! >=O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home